Call the London Office on +44 (0)20 7842 0800 for a consultation or an appointment.
- Age - you must be under 45 when you apply.
- English language – you should have sufficient ability in the English language to work in Australia (at least at a vocational level).
- Qualifications – you must have post-secondary qualifications and your skills must be assessed by the relevant assessing authority as suitable for your nominated occupation.
- Nominated occupation - when you apply you nominate a skilled occupation, which fits your skills and qualifications. Your nominated occupation must be found on the Skilled Occupations List.
- Recent work experience - the period of work experience required will vary depending on the number of points you may be granted for your nominated occupation.
- Australian qualification exemption – you do not need to meet the work experience requirement if you have completed an Australian qualification less than 6 months before lodging your visa application.
- Skills assessment – before you apply, you must have your skills assessed by the Australian assessing authority designated to assess your nominated occupation.
If you are unable to meet these basic requirements, then you should NOT continue with a General Skilled Migration application.